Monday, February 26, 2007

The Week of the Train Table...

We're assuming most of the train table stuff will be coming this week, at least we hope so. Today, we received the second of a number of sets we've won off of Ebay.

The newest friends of Thomas to come to our house are Edward, Lady, Percy, Frank, Wilbert, Bertie, Clarabel, Terance, Toad, Gordon, Henry, Donald, Annie and Clarabel, Daisy, and Harold, along with a number of cars for all of these engines to pull.


We had one potty success this morning! Woohoo!!! Aiden told me he needed to poop, so we went to the bathroom. He peed instead of pooping, but I don't care... after a literal DRY SPELL on the toilet, I was happy to see any type of progress. Of course later in the morning, I caught him in the pooping act and asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty. Bribery, often called a no-no in parenting, I feel, is perfectly acceptable in the realm of potty training, especially if it means I'm not going to be changing yucky diapers anymore. Too bad bribery doesn't usually work with Aiden, as was the case this morning. Promises of treats and stickers didn't influence his pooping location, and he proceeded to poop in his diaper. Of course, after the deed is done, he comes to me BEGGING to sit on the potty. When I tell him he's too late for the potty, he is very sad and protests getting his diaper changed. I see a REALLY long TTT (the toilet training tunnel) ahead of us.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Hello,
Lovely designed blog. And I love this post!
(Here from 5 min for mum)