Show me your teeth!
Matt and I had dentist appointments this morning. No cavities to report, though we are planning on having Matt's wisdom teeth removed sometime this year, and I need a root canal on a tooth I have had problems with in the past (some sort of degenerative problem... not because of decay from a cavity).
Aiden stayed in the room with us the entire time and enjoyed watching Mommy and Daddy get their teeth cleaned. When it was my turn (Matt went first), Aiden sat in my lap and got to experience Mr. Thirsty (the suctioner) and the air/water gun. We showed him how the gun squirted water in a cup, and then we used Mr. Thirsty to suck the water out of the cup. Aiden then let us do it in his mouth. At first he was uncomfortable with the sound the suctioner made, but he got used to it. Rhonda, our hygienist, also looked in his mouth with her mirror and he was very comfortable with everything. I do hope that by taking these steps, I don't have a kid who is uncomfortable with going to the dentist.
After the dentist, we stopped by our Edward Jones office, but our guy wasn't there to talk with so we left. We then hit our favorite resale and picked up a few things for Aiden. We can usually find really nice gently worn clothes for a very reasonable price. We've been visiting that store since before Aiden was born. They have a great maternity section too. I always look forward to going in the store to see what good deals I can find.
Matt was able to come home early yesterday because of a cancelled meeting at work due to the weather. It is nice that he is able to come and go as he needs, (for the most part) and it's super nicer that he's able to be off on Fridays. It makes it much easier to get things done on the weekend, and it's super nice for doctor's appointments and such.
Tomorrow night we have a steak dinner for the fire department for whom Matt volunteers. Ardie will be watching Aiden and he will spend the night. It'll be nice to have a little break from being Mommy and Daddy and we can be Cat and Matt again. ;o)
Happy Friday. Have a nice weekend!









No comments:
Post a Comment