Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #11

OK... I've been off count with my TT for quite a number of weeks now. I'm actually at TT #11... I'm such a dork!

**DISCLAIMER: We are only in the beginning stages of potty training. I'm thinking of all the advantages so I can see the light at the end of the toilet training tunnel... the TTT!!**


Thirteen Things that are GREAT about POTTY TRAINING


1. First and foremost, no more diapers.
2. Because you are not buying diapers, you can buy something more useful with that $20 you spend on a box of 96!
3. You have a reason to buy all sorts of stickers! And if you think my childhood sticker obsession is a thing of the past, well, then THINK AGAIN!!!
4. It's one of the few times that bribery is somewhat accepted in parenting.
5. CANDY! A good bribery tool! I can eat it too after I've peed in the potty to demonstrate what my child gets to do after HE pees in the potty.
6. A two-year-old looks cute in Thomas undies!
7. I've gotten over my fear of accidents. I have resigned to the idea that accidents will happen. I refuse to use Pull-ups, Easy-ups, or any of those over commercialized "training pants." It's OK if he pees all over himself... it is "just pee!" How freeing it is to say that!
8. No more hunting for a decent place to change a diaper if you're oot and aboot.
9. No more worrying about your 30-something pound, 3-something foot toddler weighing too much for those diaper changing stations. I would feel really bad if I were the one that broke it!
10. I almost forgot. No more buying wipes either!
11. When potty training is complete, poop will go in the potty and not all over my kid. Poops just get grosser and grosser with age. Gone are those days of the newborn 'cute poop.'
12. I can put another notch on my "I made it through this part of parenting" belt!
13. It means my baby, though he'll always be my baby, is not a baby anymore. He'll be a big kid, and I'm actually looking forward to him growing up.







The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

9 comments:

Bubba said...

Having never had kids, I can't say that I can say I can relate to the cute newborn poop that you talk about...lol

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I have a good year before we can potty train mine, but I will be happt when we do!!!
Good Luck!!!
http://jadesymb.livejournal.com/260775.html

Penny said...

Oh the potty training days! I sure don't miss those! My daughter is 13 so I have earned alot of those I made it through that stage notches. I worrying about making it through the teen years right now!

UGH!

Carina said...

We used Pull-ups for a while because we live in a rented place, with lots of carpets. He's wearing big boy pants now though. Yeah!!! And a whole month before he turns 3. Yeah okay. I look forward to training the other one in our own carpet-free home. Pull-ups are expensive!

Sue said...

Oh - I would love my daughter to be potty trained. She's 2.5 and has NO interest. I am ready with cute cotton undies. I got some with extra cotton padding - easy ups won't make a difference with her anyway.

I can't wait to be rid of diapers. Although, I will say I think we'll always have wipes around - they are great at cleaning up so many things and are so convenient. Although I look forward to not buying them by the case. LOL

Yay for potty training success! Thanks for visiting.

alisonwonderland said...

good luck, Cat!

i took a really laid-back approach to potty training with my kids, and although my husband was convinced they'd be starting college in diapers, they each did it on their own when they were ready!

thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I have four kids and so remember the days of potty training. Now you'll need to watch out for bedwetting although I really only had a problem with one of my sons and he seems to be past it now thank God (he is 9).

I can relate to the newborn poop. And the difference between breast fed poop and formula poop and then there is the baby food poop. Oh, and kiwi poop, which is actually frightening.

Good luck and spend that extra $20 on something better than stickers, maybe some crayons you guys can color together. Maureen

Christina (BookTasty) said...

I enjoy #11. I could see how that would be a relief :)

Unknown said...

Been there and have definitely done that. It's so good when they do get the potty training down.