Just when you think you've seen everything...
What on earth is this world coming to? Our kids are going to be like that mean fat kid in the Harry Potter movies with a TV in every room at every viewing angle... This is RIDICULOUS. If you can't control your kids while you go to the grocery store either 1) don't bring them or 2) grow a backbone and discipline your kids.
From NPR.org
Grocery-Cart TV for Kids of Shoppers
Kathy Lohr, NPR
The TV Kart, a grocery cart with television for the toddler crowd, is being test-marketed at an Atlanta grocery store.
All Things Considered, August 30, 2006 · A New Zealand firm is betting on a U.S. market for a shopping cart that lets young children watch videos while their parents shop. Shaped like a car, the Cabco cart rents for $1, part of which goes to retailers like Wal-Mart and Publix, who are testing their popularity. Child-development experts are wary, but Cabco says offering customers the carts can add as much as $100,000 to a store's receipts.









2 comments:
I think that is a wicked idea...nothings worse than when you are at the mall and you hear that kid constantly crying...and they see m to be in every aisle you go down...LOL
I am lucky my little one loves to shop no matter hat cart she is in but whevever we get a chance to use thoses special cartslike the animal ones or the cars....she is in heaven...
I would just be like a treat for the kids and probably the parents too...
I would love it !!!
I have a hard enough time getting out of the store without Aiden begging to sit on the dragon (the store's mascot for the kids). It might keep the kids entertained for a while, but won't they soon start to pitch a fit because it's time to leave? Will they get in the cart and pitch a fit because he/she can only watch Dora? It might be alright for the bigger kids, but then, IMO bigger kids should be able to behave.
I too am blessed to have a child who does relatively well in a grocery store.
Post a Comment