A Nice Weekend
Saturday morning, we took our pizza stone (we only use it for cooking pizzas) and the Red Baron out to Nana Ardie's for lunch. Matt worked on the lights in the barn for a little bit and then did some chainsawing on some trees/branches and stuff. It was cold and too windy for Aiden to be outside, so I stayed in and played the Wii. My arm is sore from too much tennis and power bowling. I did knock down 78 pins at once! The Wii is so much fun!!
We left Aiden to spend the night so Matt and I could go to the fire department dinner. We stuffed ourselves silly on prime rib, steak, baked potatoes, salad, and all sorts of yummy desserts! They had door prizes and Matt and I both were fortunate to win some useful prizes. My ticket won a gift certificate to Walmart, which promptly was used the next day to buy some diapers. And Matt won a gift certificate to one of our local hardware stores. He says he'll use it to buy a sledgehammer to use for splitting the BIG logs that are out in the backyard. The go-devil is just not heavy enough to get through the wood. He needs more mass, so with his accelearation, his swing will provide greater force... Force=mass*acceleration. OK, physics lesson is over for today.
We watched the Superbowl last night. Aiden stayed up for almost the entire game, but he didn't sleep any later this morning! He didn't get to bed until almost 10, and he was up by 7. I hope he takes a nice nap today. We also need to get ourselves to the Y this week. Aiden's nose isn't nearly as runny now, so I think we are safe to go. Also, my toe isn't hurtins nearly as much now, so I'm safe to walk on it now.
I hear my washing machine beeping at me. Time to put in the next load of sheets. I bought some Vanilla and Lavender Downy Simple Pleasures to use on our bedding. It will make our sheets smell super yummy!









No comments:
Post a Comment