Winter returns today
We hit our high for today this morning I think. At 8am it was 60 degrees. At 10:30 now, it's 56, and the temperature is just expected to plummet this afternoon. Matt had to go out in the dark last night and move wood from the wood pile to right outside the garage for us to use in the fireplace. The firewood has definitely helped our heating bill so far this winter. We use our fireplace for the coldspells we get and it heats our whole house. Rarely does our heat turn on if we are keeping up with the fire in the woodburner. Best of all, it's nice warm heat, unlike the 'cold heat' of the heat pump! BAH!
Today, I need to make some ham and vegetable soup. I soaked my beans overnight, and I figure a little later, I'll get the soup going in the crockpot. I'm almost all caught up on laundry now too. I got my 15 gazillion loads put away yesterday. Today I'm only washing towels and maybe another extra load to keep ahead of the game.
I started a little morning 'preschool' routine with Aiden yesterday. Of course I do hope he gets something out of it, but I'm also doing this to work with him on actually sitting still and learning. I try to get about 20-30 minutes of his undivided attention, focusing on specific tasks, such as coloring or doing worksheets, a craft, etc. The blog junkie I am, I started another blog to help me journal what we work on each day. You can watch our progress at teachingmykid.blogspot.com
Aiden is watching Sesame Street right now, but my tummy (and his!) is telling me it's time for a snack. Then it's time for my Tuesday dusting.
Have a great day!









No comments:
Post a Comment