Monday, January 08, 2007

Our New Ride

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We are the proud new owners of a 2001 Volvo XC70. Oh, it is so nice to have a car with all the bells and whistles again. We spoiled ourselves with the 03 Jetta, and you get used to all of the fancy gadgets and gizmos. And while I did not mind driving the BIG truck around, it is nice to have a normal sized car so I don't have to worry about getting myself into a pickel with the truck (I've been known to do 25pt turns to get the truck out of parking lots because I was worried about backing up with the truck!).

We had a nice weekend with the parents. We were at my parents' house on Friday. Matt and my dad got two small trees cut. It was a rainy day, so they didn't get as much accomplished as they would've liked. Then we went car shopping that afternoon, when the sun came out. Then we headed to Matt's dad's to spend the night and help them with their move on Saturday. We ended up at the car dealer late afternoon on Saturday, and we were there until 6:30! I thought we'd never get finished. We drove back home yesterday and I got to drive the new-to-us Volvo part of the way home. SOOOOOOO NICE. :) I'm looking forward to driving it to the grocery store this morning!!

Oh, after months of chewing on his hands, we've finally discovered the fruit of Aiden's labors. One of his molars has finally poked through. He'll be eating more steak than he already does ;).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! Nice ride!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 'new' car. What is it with 2001?! We are enjoying our 'new' 2001 SUV too!