Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Back home

Aiden and I returned home today from a trip 'home.' It's funny... no matter how long I have not lived there, I still call my parents' house home. Though it doesn't feel as much like home as it used to be. It is good to be back in my current home. I look forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight, and I'm sure Aiden will be glad to be out of the Pack 'n Play!

We went home on Saturday to miss some wintry weather that MIGHT have happened on Sunday afternoon (our original plan was to drive Sunday afternoon). Of course it ended up being just a cold rain on Sunday, but I was glad to be able to spend the extra time at home. We had a nice visit. I was able to bring Grandma/Lois along for the ride and she stayed with one of her friend's from 'home' too. I know she enjoyed visiting with her friends.

Mom and I drove over to the dealership Monday morning to leave the Volvo. We had to get the sunroof repaired as it was not functioning properly when we bought it. No, we did NOT pay for this service. We had a "We Owe" list from the dealership and I made sure those things were fixed before we drove off the lot again on Tuesday.

Aiden had an absolute blast with Gramma and Poppa. He adores his Poppa, especially because he gives him TREATS! Aiden knows where the cookie and candy jars in my parents' house and is always buttering up Poppa to get his hands on some goodies!

I've already unpacked everything and even gotten a load of laundry started. I'm now just waiting on Matt to get home so we can have breakfast for dinner. Blueberry pancakes are on the menu for tonight! Yum!!

No comments: