Keeping up with keeping warm!
It got pretty chilly here in NC last night. The lowest I saw our thermometer go was 16. We had a fire going last night in the fireplace and when I woke up this morning around 6:30, the fire was out and our heatpump was working hard. I've been busy this morning keeping logs on the fire keeping the fire going. The poplar wood we're burning right now just burns too fast for these cold days! It's just at 11am and we are finally up to 25! Our wood burning adventure is certainly having an impact on our heating bill. Our bill was much lower for last month than it was at the same time last year when we were heating soley with the heat pump.
I came down with a little headcold last week and now Aiden seems to have come down with it. We tried to do a little 'schooling' this morning, but Aiden wanted nothing to do with it. So, right now he's lounging on the couch watching The Jungle Book (the theme for this week is the jungle). I've been bee-bopping around the house straightening things, putting things away, doing the Monday laundry and tidying up the kitchen.
I'm in the process of doing an inventory of all the clothes I removed from my closet on Saturday. I decided to pull out things I had not worn in a year and stuff that I didn't anticipate to be wearing within the next year. I pulled out so many clothes, but it didn't seem to make that much of a difference in my closet! It still seems as full as ever. As soon as I'm finished, I will take everything down to Goodwill. I just hope I can get the huge 42 gallon bag of clothes in the car! :o)
Back to tidying up the house, then lunch time. I'm not sure what is for dinner tonight as Matt will probably not be home for dinner (class for his fire stuff).









No comments:
Post a Comment