It's so nice to be home!
We had a great time in Florida. Aiden did lots of playing on the beach, and we enjoyed our relaxation while there. I did have some sort of virus on Christmas day and the day after, so those days I spent in bed, but luckily that bug didn't stay around too long.
While in Florida, we managed to make our usual lunch trip to The Columbia at St. Armand's. We ordered our usual 1905 Salad with the Original Cuban Sandwich. This time, we bought a cookbook from the restaurant, so now I can attempt to recreate the salad at home.
We also made a trip down to the Everglades. We stopped by Clyde Butcher's Gallery and picked up one of his books. His photographs are amazing. The next time we are in Florida, I want to stop by his Venice gallery and do the dark room tour. He does his own enlarging in his dark room. His enlargements are up to 5x9 FEET! HUGE photographs. I'd love to see how these prints are actually made.
Though it is nice to get away and have a change of scenery, it is so nice to be home. I miss my bed when we are away the most. There is nothing like being at home in your own bed. :)
Today, life gets back to normal. I go back to taking care of a few clients orders, and taking care of the house... we're still not settled back in from the trip and the holidays. Matt is back at work today. I have a pork roast I need to cook for dinner tonight. I need to get on the ball and decide how I'm going to prepare it.
Coffee is gone.. must close and get some more!









No comments:
Post a Comment