Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Natural Entertainment!

God put on a nice light show for us last night! We had some thunderstorms move through the area in the earlier parts of the evening, so Matt and I decided to sit on our front porch and watch the lightning. Eventually the rain started pouring on us and blowing in on the porch sideways, so we went inside. I love to look at lightning, but I get scared too easily. If the crack of the thunder is too loud, I get so worked up and scared!! Just like I did when I was a little kid. It's funny the things we don't seem to outgrow. Aiden isn't fazed in the least by the thunder. When he hears it, he looks at me with a look on his face of "What's that Mama?" and I just tell him it's the air pushing together loudly causing the thunder. Then he says "Thunder!"

Speaking of Aiden and thunder, we had some LOUD cracks of thunder last night with the storms after Aiden had gone to sleep, but he slept right through it all! Aiden took a nap on our bed yesterday afternoon so I used the opportunity to get pictures of him asleep. Now my quiet little camera shutter would cause him to twitch and every so often open his eyes! The kid who can sleep through a thunderstorm can't sleep through mommy snapping photographs of him while he sleeps. By the way, check out MY PHOTOBLOG, for those pictures and more!

Today is supposed to be a cool and rainy day. I will cook a ham and bean soup in the crockpot, and accomplish my cleaning goals for today, and I imagine we will just hang tight here in the house. Today would be a good day for a kid friendly movie... I just have to think about what I would like to watch that Aiden would enjoy too!

The website I mentioned has been fixed to include all of her many articles on cleaning and tips for organization. Her new site is: http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/

Well, I should close now and finish my morning internet rounds. Have a blessed Wednesday! We're halfway through the week!

No comments: