The cleaning Schedule Part III... Wednesday's Goals
So, I'm doing great staying on track this week for getting the house clean. Since I do all the cleaning in FOUR DAYS I am almost through this week! Woohoo!!
Wednesday is my day to vacuum and take care of the bathrooms. I vacuum my rugs and carpeted floors in the morning while Aiden is up. He enjoys helping me push the vacuum around from room to room. When I finish one area, I'll say "Next room, please!" Aiden enthusiastically obliges while pushing the vacuum to the next room on the vacuum circuit, calling out "Next room, Next room!" He's helped me vacuum so many times now and I go in the same order each time, he knows exactly where to go each and everytime! I normally move smaller furniture out of the way to vacuum, but larger items remain in place. I don't work myself crazy by getting out the attachment to clean the corners and edges of the carpet perfectly, but as soon as I notice an area that needs attention, I do go ahead and tend to it.
Bathrooms are cleaned while Aiden is in bed for his afternoon nap. The cleaning chemicals put out some vapors and I don't want Aiden underfoot smelling those. I like to use Tilex on shower curtains as it removes and prevents any mildew from forming on them. Some people say to just through them in the wash if they start getting icky... but when I can use Tilex once a week and they stay perfectly clean, I'd rather not undo the curtain from the rings. That's a pain in the neck. I spray the shower curtain and shower itself down with Tilex and let that sit. When I've done that I put some bowl cleaner in the toilets and I let that sit. While all that is sitting, I use some Soft Scrub on the sinks and fixtures. Once the sink is clean, I make sure the counters are cleaned and things are put away. Then I attack the bathtub. I rinse off the Tilex, and then I go to work scrubbing. I normally use full strenght all-purpose Lysol cleaner to clean the tub and shower wall. If I notice lots of water build-up, I will use Soft Scrub on the entire tub and shower surface. Once the tub is clean and rinsed, I move on to the toilet clean the inside of the bowl. Then I take a handy-dandy Clorox wipe and wipe down the seats and exterior of the toilet. And, voila! The bathrooms are clean!









No comments:
Post a Comment