Saturday, April 01, 2006

Busy Busy Busy!!

We've been a busy family the past few days. The new camera came on Wednesday, so of course that took up free time that I had, and I might add I procrastinated doing things I should not have, like packing for our overnight trip to Asheville on Thursday evening! I ended up getting everything packed and dinner on the table (which included a London Broil I might add!) by the time Matt made it home from work. We were able to leave our house around 6:30pm which was nice.

We stopped at the Best Buy in Asheville before going to Klay & Arianne's, so Matt could surprise me! He bought me a 2GB Sandisk Compact Flash Card for the new camera. It holds like a bazillion pictures! OK, really it holds between 500-600 depending on the compression on the image file. But anyway, WAAAAY better than the 124 I could get on the 256MB card for the old G2. It is NICE! I love my husband!!

All went well Thursday night, except for turning in rather late. Aiden really had no problems going to sleep in a strange place. We brought him to bed with us, and he went to sleep in a flash. After he had been snoozing for a while, I moved him into his pack 'n play. He only made one sound that night, and that was when the power jolted on for just a minute and the TV turned on. The next morning we learned that their had been a car accident on the road outside the apartments that had hit a power pole and blown a transformer! That was probably the culprit for our phantom TV menace!

Matt got the car to the shop Friday morning and my mom went to pick him up, then they swung by Klay's to get Aiden and me. We headed down to Greenville, SC to visit with my grandmother for her birthday. She turned 88 on Wednesday. We had a nice visit and ate lots of food and sampled her many birthday cakes!

When we made it back to Asheville, my mom dropped us off with the car, which was finished (and apparently the reason for the oil leak was found... a loose bolt.. go figure!). My mom returned to Brevard, and Matt, Aiden and I, went out to Asiana (a Chinese buffet in Asheville) with Klay and Arianne, and my brother and his son. We had an enjoyable meal and stuffed ourselves silly! We then hit the road and made our way home. We got in shortly after 10pm. LONG DAY!

Matt played lumberjack again this morning and cut down yet another tree! This feat brought out the spectators! This tree was actually leaning slightly over our house (luckily only over the garage!), so Matt cabled the tree to the BIG truck and put some tension on it to make sure it fell the right direction. A neighbor stayed in the truck to make sure tension remained on the cable as Matt notched the tree. He then began to make his back cut and our neighbor drove forward slowly as Matt continued to cut. The tree then fell exactly as we all hoped.. AWAY from the house. Thank you Lord for protecting our house and giving us the intelligence to land this tree where it needed to go!

So, Matt worked on cutting up the tree all afternoon, while I piddled around the house. Aiden napped for 3 1/2 hours today, but as soon as he woke up, we went to the park to meet up with a lady from Hickory Mommies, and of course her husband and son were included in the fun time at the park.

Tonight we turn our clocks forward. That means, according to Daylight Savings Time, it is 10pm! I should get off here and get settled down before going to bed for the night. Matt and I are going to veg out on the couch and watch some TV. I'll be sure to post NEW CAMERA pics as soon as possible.

No comments: