Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Cleaning Schedule Part II... Tuesday's Goals

Since I decided to put a link to that website yesterday that offers all of the tips to keeping your house clean and running smoothly, she had to up and change her website address. She moved her blog over here to the Blogger.com site and now most of her wonderful articles on cleaning and organization are gone! I certainly hope she has them backed up and that she will find a way to get them back up on her site.

So, today's goals for the house are dusting and wiping down countertops, doorknobs, light switch plates, and tables. I also clean all mirrors and glass cabinet doors in the house, as well as TV screens and computer monitors. For laundry, I make sure bath and kitchen towels are clean, and then of course any extra laundry that needs to be done. I call today my 'easy' day because this work seems to go rather quickly for me, so that leaves me more time to get other things done, either here around the house, or taking a break and getting Aiden to a park to do some much needed climbing and sliding!

For laundry, I try to get a load of bath towels or the kitchen towels in the washer when I first get up in the morning. I just make sure that all of these are washed, dried and folded by the end of the day. And then I work on the extra laundry as time permits throughout the day.

For dusting, I have a duster on a long extension pole so I can make sure to get the corners of the ceiling in all the rooms and to clean off the ceiling fan blades. It's important to keep those clean as the blades act like a magnet when they collect dust. It builds up SO quickly. The rest of the dusting is done with just a little hand held duster. Dusting... what else can be said about dusting? Not much, dusting is self explanatory. If you haven't dusted in quite a while, it might be beneficial to pull out your vacuum after you dust and vacuum up the dust bunnies that now are most certainly flying around your house.

For doing the wipedowns, first I go through the house with a container of those Clorox wipes and wipe down the lightswitches and doorknobs. Then I go through the house again and clean the glass and mirrors in the house, including TV screens and computer monitors. If I notice a window is particularly dirty, I clean it now too. I don't clean all the windows at once.. I just clean them as needed and this seems to work pretty well. I then make sure all of my tables, end tables, bathroom counters, kitchen counters are clean and free of clutter, and then those get wiped down. I mainly just use vinegar and water for that, except for the kitchen counter I use Clorox Clean-up. It's one of my favorite cleaning products! And with that, the goals for Tuesday are completed!!

One thing I need to get back in the habit of is making sure the floors get swept EVERYDAY! We have hardwood and tile in most of the house, so any dirt that comes in on our shoes gets spread all around, and you feel it on your bare feet when you walk... eeeewwww. I do try to make sure I have most if not all dishes clean or in the dishwasher before I go to bed, but I don't make myself crazy over having it done. The evening is the only time we are all together as a family, so most times I prefer spending time all together playing instead of working in the kitchen cleaning, especially if it's not that big of a mess... that is what tomorrow morning is for! :-)

Well, so much for my little guy sleeping in as late as he did yesterday! It's already 7am and I hear him making noise in his room. I was going to get some laundry folded while I waited for him to wake up, but I guess I will now fold laundry while he plays after breakfast!

Uh-oh, he wants his mama in a bad way... must close! Happy Tuesday!

No comments: