Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Copy Cat

I did a bit of light dusting this morning before sitting down at the computer to do my blog entry for the day. I got my little duster out for Aiden to play with because of course if I'm dusting he needs to 'dust.' I was dusting the kitchen/dining room and I came around the corner and found Aiden standing on a stool dusting his Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home with his little duster. It is amazing to see just how much he soaks up at this age and how much he enjoys copying the actions of the people important to him. He pretends to talk on the phone, substituting many different objects for a phone, for example, a sliding measuring spoon we have. He helps to wipe down appliances. He likes to 'wash' the dishes at the sink. He likes to sit and 'read' books. He will open up any book and sit there and mumble in baby-ese while he turns the pages. It's so neat to watch their little imaginations grow and develop.

Today I'm meeting a friend for lunch and to deliver her print order to her. I hope she is pleased. :) It is always nice to go out for a meal so I don't have to THINK about what I'm going to prepare.. I just have to think about what I want to ORDER... :)

It was quite chilly this morning! When Matt left for work I asked him to close the windows. It was so cold I did NOT want to get out of my warm bed when it was time to get up. But Aiden insisted I get up, so I did. My toes are still a little chilly, but soon Aiden and I will get a shower and bath and that should help warm us up. My cup of hot tea also helped.

I'm going to work on some pictures and hopefully get them uploaded to the photoblog either this afternoon or this evening. So, be patient... pics will get there as soon as I can get them there!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: