Another Busy Week
We have another busy week ahead of us. Lots of travelling will be taking place the last half of the week. Wednesday, I plan to meet up with some friends, and then today and tomorrow I need to work on the housework and get us all packed for travelling Thursday and Friday.
This weekend was nice. Aiden and I had a good time sans Matt for a few days. We went to the park a time or two and did lots of playing outside as the weather allowed. Matt returned home very late Saturday night after being in SC a few days for work. Sunday we ventured over to G-ma's/Ben and Rita's for our usual Sunday trip and also to visit Darryl as he was visiting from California.
Weather all around us yesterday was horrible! We had tornado warnings and thunderstorm warnings all over the area. While Matt's mom and Galen were on their way to meet up with us, she ran into the remnants of a horrible hail storm. Six to seven inches of pearl sized hail was piled up on the sides of the road. She ended up losing control in the ice on the road and ended up in a ditch. Matt, along with his trusty truck, went to rescue them and pull the truck out of the ditch. The car has some damage but is still driveable, and no one was hurt. Apparently there was lots of wind and hail damage up at Lake Norman with reports of GOLF BALL size hail! What a lovely Mother's Day for lots of people! We had a hand of protection over us where we were thank goodness. We had plenty of wind, but no rain or hail at all!
That's all of the update for now. I hope I can find time to update before we leave this weekend. I need to update the photoblog as well so be on the lookout for new pictures!
Have a great day!









No comments:
Post a Comment