Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Picky Eater and the Hope of Spring

I am typing this as we are having our second attempt at breakfast this morning. He had a sippy cup of milk and a bagel at First Breakfast. He ate most of his bagel half and proceeded to fuss until I got him out of his high chair. He didn't even want to eat the banana I had offered him! This is the same kid who we can't stroll by the bananas in the grocery store for fear of having a toddler tantrum meltdown because he can't have a banana right then! Anyway, MAYBE twenty minutes had passed since he finished First Breakfast and he is in the kitchen saying "cereal," pointing to the box of Kashi up on top of the refrigerator. He is now in his chair eating that (I think), and he even now sounds like he doesn't want to sit in his chair and eat. He's been eating dinner with us in a big person chair in the evenings.. maybe he just doesn't like his high chair anymore... Oh the joys of figuring out our toddlers with their limited ability to communicate.

So, I felt really BAD yesterday, but today I feel much better. A little congestion is left behind, but I don't feel anywhere near like I did 24 hours ago. I will work hard today getting the house cleaned up and back on track again with my cleaning. Something is trying really hard to keep me from fulfilling and sometimes even wanting to fulfill my goal to bless my familiy with a clean home and laundry and good food to eat!

The weather is still chilly, but at least the sun is shining. I can't wait until warm weather really arrives. I always seem to be such a happier more energetic person when the weather is warm. By late winter/early spring, I am just run down and lethargic. I'm ready for more sun and more warmth to energize my physical body and my soul!

Happy Thursday everyone!



Song of Solomon 2:11-13


11 See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me."

No comments: