New Soup Recipe!
I had about a cup of dry lentils stored away in my dry goods and I knew I had an onion in the refrigerator that needed to get used. I found a super easy Lentil Soup recipe on Allrecipes.com. It is simmering right now and it smells so yummy! I'm a soup nut. I love creating concoctions from leftover vegetables and beans and sometimes left over meats. I always try to keep some dry lentils and barley on hand to add to my soups to add in a little bit of nourishment to an already super good for you soup! Anyway, here is the soup recipe:
Lentil Soup II
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cups beef broth (although I'm sure you could use chicken or even vegetable broth)
1 cup dry lentils, rinsed
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
1. In large saucepan over medium heat, combine the oil and onions and saute for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add the broth and bring mixture to a boil
2. Add the lentils, sauce, and seasoning. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
I'll report back as to how it turns out. I can't wait to try it!









No comments:
Post a Comment