To my BORED blog fans
Life has just been busy, although I cannot say exactly with what.. it just has been. I have a few moments now so I can catch you up on the happenings of the Keene household.
I guess the real update most folks want to hear about is Aiden. He's turning into such a neat kid. He's still a Thomas expert and has the colors of each train engine memorized. If I ask him what color Percy is, he says "green," and when I ask him what color Gordon is, he says "blue." And this isn't while looking at pictures, this is all info stored in his little noggin. I'm finally getting him a little bit interested in his ABC's. He will now repeat the letter after I say it. He's not too big on ABC's and 123's right now, but I imagine it will come soon enough. He'd much rather push trains on a track or read a Thomas book. It's neat to see how fast his little mind soaks things in, and how he seems to change on a day by day basis. They grow up so fast!!!
In other news, we were almost the surprised new owners of a little kitten. The important word in that last sentence is ALMOST. Matt and Aiden went to the park last Friday while I was away on a photoshoot. They found this little tiny kitten sitting by a trash can, covered in all sorts of yuckiness (bugs, bug eggs, etc.. ICK!). Of course, my wonderful husband did the right thing and put the kitten in a box that was in the truck and brought the kitten home to see if he could clean it up. He and Aiden worked hard at trying to get the kitty cleaned up, but it just wasn't working, so they took kitty to the vet to let them take care of it. They asked Matt if he was going to keep the cat if all ended up ok. Of course, he said "yes," and of course thinking in the back of his mind, "what are we going to do with another cat?!?" Well they took it and cared for it, but unfortunately, the little kitten didn't make it. Kitty is now in kitty heaven, where she is all clean and is not hungry anymore.
The really neat part of this story is how Aiden did with the kitten. Matt made a big deal out of helping the kitten and we all know if something is going on, Aiden needs to be in the middle of it, 'helping.' So, while Matt was attempting to clean up the kitty, Aiden was helping Matt out by bringing cups to help rinse the water off the kitty and such. Matt also explained to him how they were helping the kitty by rescuing it from the park. Today, Wednesday, five days after the whole kitty adventure, as Aiden and I were making our way home from the Y, we passed the vet's office. When he saw the sign, he started to say "Kitty. Kitty. Help." He remembers what he and his daddy did to help save the little kitten. How amazing is that?!
It makes us realize how much even our little toddlers learn from their parents and caregivers. We will do our best to continue instilling values in Aiden to help him become a caring and helpful person.
And with that, I will close. Tomorrow I will try to be back with the Thursday Thirteen!! I just need to think of a fun thing to list!!









1 comment:
That is really a touching story. I think it is great that you are teaching Aiden about compassion---he will be a better person for it!!!
Post a Comment