Thursday, August 10, 2006

Time for the Terrible Two's Update....

Really he's not that terrible. He could be much worse. He's just stubborn as a mule.

Here are some of Aiden's interests right now.

1. TRAINS, namely, THOMAS - which at the time is being pronounced Bobas (short o sound). This kid can only count to three, and knows a lot of his colors, but he can name every stinking one of those trains on the Island of Sodor!

2. Pushing things - we bought him a PINK doll stroller with flowers on it the other day. As I type it is tied to his ride-on Thomas toy so he can pull the stroller while riding Thomas...

3. Sharing - Nope, doesn't want to do it. He has read the "Toddler's Creed" and fully understands it, and practices its teaching in daily life. When other children that are his age, come near him at the YMCA, he holds his hand out and yells "Arrrrrrrrrrr." I assume he is practicing his pirate scare tactics, where the "Arrrrrrrrrrr" translates into "Don't you DARE try to take my toy, matey!"

4. He's CLINGY again - and he's all about some Mommy time. He stays glued to my hip. He washes dishes with me. I play trains with him. We build tunnels together out of Legos. He follows me to the bathroom. He even has to put on deodorant with me.. Yes, the kid is with me everywhere! I do love it though, because I know soon enough, Mom will be some mean creature out to ruin his life and keep him from having any fun... oh do I dread those days!

5. Naps - He's trying to give them up. He'll go a week or so without napping, then take a nap for 2 days in a row, and then go back to no naps, repeating this cycle. Luckily for this mommy, her boy doesn't mind being confined in his crib for an hour or so in the afternoons, even if he doesn't nap. We all need some alone time in a day!

He's definitely a handful, and we have an occasional meltdown.. but he is really such a sweet little boy. I can't imagine my life without him. He's my little buddy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jacinth also has to put on deoderant but she calls it 'loshunn'! Aren't they fun!?

Anonymous said...

I got Connors "eat/wet" doll out yesterday. he was trying to feed her from a bottle, but it was empty. he asked for some milk (4th cup of the day), but i gave him some water in his cup. he carefully took the top off and poured half in the doll cup and attempted to get her to drink it- it was so cute. he kept going "hungy, hungy???" It was soooo cute. I love this age.