Monday, August 14, 2006

I wasn't supposed to sleep last night I guess..

I went to bed relatively early last night. I was in bed before 10pm and it didn't take me long to drift off to sleep. I do remember hearing Aiden fuss a time or two, but I didn't need to get up with him.. at least until 1:30am when it sounded like the fussing might escalate if I didn't perform an intervention. He seemed to be telling me he lost something through the slats of his crib, though I didn't see anything, and I told him to go back to sleep.

I went back to bed, but couldn't get back to sleep as my stomach felt a little upset. Finally got back to sleep sometime after 2:30am, just to be awoken by a call coming in on Matt's fire department radio (he's on the fire dept here now.. woohoo!). I think tht was around 3am. He left on that call, and I went back to sleep.. FINALLY! He made it back home and then went ahead and left for work at 4:30, since there was little point in going to sleep so close to time to get up.

During all this I kept hearing Aiden talk, laugh, fuss... the kid would NOT go to sleep. After Matt went on the call, I went in and checked on him again, where Aiden asked me where his basketball was. We bought him a little basketball set yesterday at Wal-mart. I told him he could play with in the morning, but now he needed to sleep! He didn't go back to sleep.. go figure.

He was still awake when Matt left for work. I went in to his room to get him and brought him back to bed with me, where all he did was flop like a fish. After 30 minutes of trying to get him to settle down and sleep, I gave up and put him back in his bed and I came out here to the living room and looked up some things on the internet. He never went back to sleep.. I finally got him up around 6:30am, when we enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast of graham crackers and peach yogurt.

He's sitting, sometimes laying, on the couch right now watching Thomas and he just let out the biggest yawn EVER. Hopefully he'll sleep some soon! This momma is TIRED!!!

No comments: