Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Saturday To Do List

Matt is working today, and will be working who knows when for the following 3 weeks or so.. Anyway, since I believe I am mostly done with proofing pictures, I need to get caught up on my house! I figure if I post my list here, it will make me a bit more accountable, and make me get a lot of work done that has been neglected!

I did, however, clean the windows on the outside of the house on Thursday! What a yucky chore that is. I am just floored by the amount of bugs that get caught between the screens and the window glass itself.. SO yucky.. I vacuumed out all the bugs(ICK!!!), took out the screens and hosed them down, and then hosed down the outsides of the windows. I windexed the ones that I could reach.

SO, I'm setting my goals high today... This is what I NEED to get done, and this is in no particular order... If I actually had to order the list, I'd be here all day figuring out what order things need to be in to make my day most efficient.. I don't have time for being efficient.. LOL!!!!

  1. Take care of the laundry. Wash what is dirty. Put up what is clean. Catch up on ironing if there is time.
  2. Clean the kitchen. Wash dishes, clean counters, clean appliances, throw out old stuff from the fridge.
  3. Clear the clutter! Stuff has been piling up EVERYWHERE. Clean off the clutter from the catch-all place on the kitchen counter. Clean off dining room table so more than three people can eat at it. Remove all of Aiden's toys and my stacks of papers from my desk!
  4. Vacuum - hard floors and carpets!
  5. Mop the tile and wood floors.
  6. Clean the inside windows since outsides are now clean! :)
  7. Dust THOROUGHLY... I did dust on Tuesday, but it was a really quick dusting job!
  8. Clean bathrooms. Wash bathroom rugs, and make sure all that is in the dirty towel hamper gets in the laundry.
  9. Sort through Aiden's fall clothes, so I can assess what we need to buy for him this fall.
  10. Straighten up Aiden's toys.
  11. If possible, take some garbage and recycle to the dump. Not the easiest thing to do when you are alone with a two year old. - Matt took care of this for me! :)
  12. Sweep off the front porch.
  13. Weed the flower beds in the front yard.
OK... whew! I need a good breakfast if I want to do all this today! I better get crackin! :) I'm going to cue up some music in the old mp3 player and sing and dance all day while Aiden and I clean.

I'll check back in later to evaluate what I have accomplished!

Ready! Set! GO!!!!! :)

Happy Saturday!

1 comment: