A big boy...
We finally took the side rail off Aiden's crib this past weekend. He has been sleeping in his 'big boy bed' like a champ ever since. We had bought one of those safety rails, but with the way his bed is made, there isn't a good way to attach one, so he's been sleeping with pillows beside his bed in case he rolls into the floor. So far, at least as far as we know, there have been no issues. The cutest thing is, he still won't get out of his bed on his own in the morning when he wakes up. He waits for me to come in and tell him it's time to get up. How nice is that?
Last night when Matt and I put him to bed, we got him all settled, and he actually forgot to ask for his pacifier. I try to not offer it at all, and had only been giving it to him if he asked for it. Well, he's closing in on 3 years old. There is no need for him to be sucking on anything anymore... So, last night, I made it out the door before he could ask to have it. Within a minute or so of me closing his door, I hear crying. :o( I didn't give in, and he ended up going to sleep with out it. I heard him wake up once this morning fussing, and I tried my best to tune it out and he ended up going to back to sleep. I hope this is the end of the pacifier. Next big tackle... no more diapers! I've taken Aiden's lead and backed off a bit on potty training. He peed on the potty the last two nights before bed time. We'll see where this small successes lead us.
Now, I'm going to get a cup of coffee and sit down and watch AI from last night. I heard that Sanjaya gave quite an interesting performance...









No comments:
Post a Comment