Monday, July 10, 2006

A little help from our friends

As it ends up, we turned the A/C back on Friday and it miraculously worked, and worked well, and kept working... apparently Trane's are known to be able to work quite well with a bad start capacitor or something to that effect. Our good friend JP and his wife Amanda drove 2 hours Friday night to come help us out with the unit (JP works in the a/c biz). He got the unit fixed and we are back in business, hopefully for a long time to come! Thank you JP and Amanda for driving all that way! We really appreciate it.

I sit here, trying to think of what we did this weekend, and I can't even remember! We had a trip to Walmart and to the grocery store. Speaking of Walmart, it is Aiden's favorite place. Anytime we get ready to go somewhere, he asks if we are going to Walmart. While we were out on our trip, he saw a Walmart store in New Hampshire and that was all he could talk about the rest of the drive.. lucky for us, there was only about 10 more minutes left in the truck. He kept saying "Walmart, Walmart, Walmart, Walmart..." over and over and over and over again... funny kid.

Let's see... I made TWO blackberry cobblers Friday. They are both super yummy. I used two different recipes. I had never made a cobbler before and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. It's been so long since I've had blackberry cobbler, it was such a treat to have some again. Thanks Ardie for the ton of blackberries you picked. Now you need to come eat cobbler before it is gone!

I'm going to try to get back on my cleaning schedule this week.. and STICK TO IT!! With vacation and so much other stuff going on, the house, while relatively clean, isn't shining like it could be, SO.. that is my goal for the week.

Now, I need to finish my mocha and finish my morning internet rounds.. maybe work on a few more pictures from our trip. I have some more cute ones of Aiden in the river in New Hampshire.

No comments: