Lazy Summer Days
Thought I would type a few lines in the blog before getting up to do a few things. Aiden is napping now. We had a fun time this morning out in the backyard with the sprinkler. He got SOAKED. But he loved it! That was a good $3 investment! I dug up some hostas that were looking kind of puny and moved them where they were in a little bit more shade. I'm hoping they take off and do better. I planted them in the bed right in front of the porch instead of my hodge-podge bed on the other side of the sidewalk. I also planted some sunflowers (thanks Kimie!) and did a bunch of weeding. Oh, we found a tomato vine growing like crazy at the end of the house Aiden's room is on. It has a few tomatoes on it just waiting to get ripe. How strange it was to find a tomato plant at the front of the house! We had some last year around back, and there are a couple there coming up, but they are TINY compared to this one in the front. It's growing like CRAZY! Oh well.. enough of my gardneing adventures. I have some bananas that are super ripe, so I figured I would make some banana bread and put them to good use.
I find I don't have too much to say right now, which is actually a good thing. Life is calm and peaceful right now without a lot going on. After a very hectic June, July is shaping up to be relaxing, aside from being hot! I guess you can call these the lazy days of summer... I tend to do a lot better when life is at a slow pace.
Off to empty/load the dishwasher, then start on some 'nana' bread. :)









No comments:
Post a Comment