Happy Mother's Day
I got the best Mother's Day present today. And before I get started, let me warn you - poopoo and a 2 year old are involved!
Problems are going on at my husband's work, so that has required him to work this weekend, and of course to work on Mother's Day. So, Aiden and I are spending this Sunday like we would most days of the week, just the two of us. Anyway, during one of his typical two year old temper tantrums I told him to go into his room if he wanted to scream like that. He willingly ran to his room and slammed the door. Where on earth did he get that?
He pitched his little fit which was probably over in about 60 seconds, and then he started to play with his toys in his room. After a few minutes of quiet playing, he emerges from the room and he TELLS ME that he NEEDS TO POOP! This is coming from the boy who has avoided pooping on the toilet for the most part over our potty training experiences. And get this... he sat on the toilet and he DID IT!!! I am so proud of him. I really can't say I've done anything to 'potty train' him as he has done it all himself. I'm hoping that this little incident that falls in the "WIN" column on the potty training score card is noting the end of the pooping debacle.
So, for the rest of my Mother's Day, I am planning on going out to my mother in law's house to spend the afternoon, let Aiden play and do fun things that he doesn't get to do here, and I am going to enjoy my afternoon documenting his experiences with my trusty Canon 30D!
Happy Mother's Day to all my momma friends! :o)









No comments:
Post a Comment