"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon."
The title of this post is actually a quote from Emily Dickinson. This describes many facets of my life. The little demon that is released the first time I do things is the demon of PERFECTION. Many new things I become involved in, I first become overly obsessed, and it then flows into obtaining perfection in everything that is done. It is probably my tragic downfall. So many times, I stop myself from doing something, because I know I will want to do it perfectly, and for whatever reason, be it time, money, or other resources, I won't be able to please myself. I find this evident many times in my life now. I worry about being the perfect wife and mother. I read and study all I can on photography to become better today than I was yeterday. At times, I'm afraid of trying something new, for fear that I can't be perfect. I now sit back and realize, just how much I might have missed out on because of this 'demon.'
So, with this blog, I hope to examine my own character flaws and learn from them. I hope to share some of my life through the pictures I take. And most importantly, I hope it helps me to relax and be comfortable with exactly who I am, perfect or not!









No comments:
Post a Comment